NEW for 2019, Leinster LGFA will be holding TWO Gaelic4Mothers&Others Blitzes:
FULL Saturday 8 June 2019 at St Peregrines GAA (Co. Dublin) FULL
Saturday 20 July 2019 at Navan O Mahony’s GAA (Co. Meath)
Registration 11am – 11.30am
Mass Warm Up 12noon
Games 12.30pm – 4.30pm (approx.)
- Entries will be first come first served and will be limited to 24 teams (St Peregrines) and 36 teams (Navan O’Mahony’s). Clubs may enter more than one team.
- Clubs may only enter one blitz, if there is space available after the deadline you may be offered a place in the other blitz.
- Teams from outside of Leinster may complete entry form to request a place, however non-Leinster teams will only be offered a place if space allows AFTER the deadline. Please do not return entry fee unless your place is confirmed.
- Entry fee is €50 per team. This is non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by Leinster LGFA.
- The deadline for entry is Friday 17 May 2019.
Registration is now OPEN.
You can register online HERE Please note this will only reserve your place which will not be confirmed until payment is received.
Teams must also return team list completed in full, available to download G4M&O Team Sheet 2019.docx.
Entry fee is €50 per team and can be paid by:
- Cash (post to address above)
- Cheque/postal order (payable to Leinster LGFA, post to address above)
- Electronic bank transfer (details below, please send screenshot of confirmation to email@example.com
- Account: Leinster LGFA
- BIC: ULSBIE2D
- IBAN: IE68 ULSB 9862 3554 272072
All teams MUST have registered for 2019 and completed ethos form available 2019 Gaelic4Mothers&Others Sign up.
- Games are 9 a-side games and a panel of 12 is recommended to allow maximum participation.
- Teams will get a minimum of 4 x 15min games; no scores will be kept.
- All players MUST be registered members of LGFA. Team lists must be submitted two weeks prior to blitz and must be completed in full (including registration numbers).
- Full details of the blitz will be sent with team pack two weeks prior to the event. Fixtures will be available on the day at registration.
ALL ENTRY FORMS, TEAM SHEETS AND ENTRY FEES NEED TO BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY 17th MAY.
The 2019 National Blitz will be Saturday 5 October
The Lidl Gaelic4Mothers&Others initiative is an innovative way to introduce mothers and other women to playing Ladies Gaelic Football. Mothers often drop their kids to training and call back to collect them, but the Ladies Gaelic Football Association wants to change that.
The Lidl Gaelic4Mothers&Others initiative sees women playing Ladies Gaelic Football in a fun, non-competitive and social environment. Lidl Gaelic4Mothers&Others provides an opportunity for women to get their recommended weekly exercise in a fun way while meeting other mothers in the area.
The initiative has proved hugely popular with women of all ages and has taken off in all 32 counties with success stories popping up all over the country. For example in the Hurling County of Kilkenny the Conahy Shamrocks Club has attracted over 60 women to participate in the initiative.
There is one provinicial blitz organised in each province every year and one national blitz day which have been a huge success with between 900 and 1000 mothers participating in the Lidl National Blitz Days each year.
For more information, please contact:
Suzi Doyle, Leinster Games Development Officer, Tel: 087 7681288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org