The Gaelic4Mothers&Others initiative is an innovative way to introduce mothers and other women to playing Ladies Gaelic Football. Mothers often drop their kids to training and call back to collect them, but the Ladies Gaelic Football Association wants to change that.
The Gaelic4Mothers&Others initiative sees women playing Ladies Gaelic Football in a fun, non-competitive and social environment. Gaelic4Mothers&Others provides an opportunity for women to get their recommended weekly exercise in a fun way while meeting other mothers in the area.
The initiative has proved hugely popular with women of all ages and has taken off in all 32 counties with success stories popping up all over the country. For example in the Hurling County of Kilkenny the Conahy Shamrocks Club has attracted over 60 women to participate in the initiative.
There is two provinicial blitzes organised in each province every year (one in North Leinster, one in South Leinster) and one national blitz day which have been a huge success with between 900 and 1000 mothers participating in the National Blitz Days each year.
- Entries will be first come first served and will be limited
- Clubs may enter more than one team.
- Clubs may only enter one blitz, if there is space available after the deadline you may be offered a place in the other blitz.
- Teams from outside of Leinster may complete entry form to request a place, however non-Leinster teams will only be offered a place if space allows AFTER the deadline. Please do not return entry fee unless your place is confirmed.
- Entry fee is €50 per team. This is non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by Leinster LGFA.
For further information you can contact:
Stephen Maxwell, Leinster Games Development Officer, Tel: 087 7681288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org