What is Gaelic4Teens?
Gaelic4Teens is a coach-education based initiative run over 8 weeks aimed at increasing the retention rate of teenage girls aged 13-17 years in clubs. It is essential to create a clear player pathway in every club and it is vital that all clubs invest time in recruiting and retaining teenage girls in their structures. Through the Gaelic4Teens initiative clubs are provided with a new and fun avenue to retain these players usually subject to an increased level of dropout.
What are the aims of the Gaelic4Teens Programme?
- To increase the retention rates of teenage girls playing Ladies Gaelic football in a club
- To provide a unique programme of Ladies Gaelic Football activities to attract girls aged 15-17 years
- To educate coaches in relation to the needs and interests of teenage girls in sport
- To develop athletic and social skills for girls in a safe and nurturing environment
What are the benefits of running Gaelic4Teens in your Club?
- FREE training will be provided to the Coaches and Co-ordinator in your Club
- Resources will be provided to your Club to market and advertise the Programme
- Coaching structures across the teams of this age group in your club will be improved
- Club will be invited to attend National Gaelic4Teens Day
Minimum requirements from the Club if Application is Successful
- Appoint a co‐ordinator to oversee implementation of the programme in the club
- Send a club representative (ideally G4T coordinator) the Provincial Induction Evening prior to commencement of the programme
- Minimum 4 coaches involved with coaching teenage girls in your club in attendance at induction evening, two regional based training days and the National Gaelic4Teens Festival Day.
Who are the Gaelic4Teens Ambassadors?
We are delighted to have some of our top LGFA stars as ambassadors to share expertise from their area. These are…
- Skill Development/Coaching – Fiona McHale (Mayo), Jackie Kinch (Wicklow) & Laura Fleming (Roscommon)
- Athletic Development – Cliodhna O’Connor (Dublin), Bronagh McGrane (Louth) & Cassandra Buckley (Kerry)
- Lifestyle Planning/Team Culture– Orlagh Farmer (Cork), Emily Martin (Down) & Maire O Shaughnessy (Meath)
- Nutrition & Hydration – Sharon Courtney (Monaghan), Sinead Delahunty (Tipperary)
Important Dates for 2021:
- Deadline for applications: Monday 16th November 2020
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday 18th December 2020
- All G4T coordinators and relevant club executive members must attend an Online induction evening Thursday 14th January 2021 @7:30pm
- Location of regional days will be organised dependant on location of participating clubs and will be as central as possible:
To Apply visit Gaelic4Teens
For further information contact Stephen Maxwell email@example.com 087 768 1288