What is Gaelic4Teens?
Gaelic4Teens is a coach-education based initiative run over 8 weeks aimed at increasing the retention rate of teenage girls aged 15-17 years in clubs. It is essential to create a clear player pathway in every club and it is vital that all clubs invest time in recruiting and retaining teenage girls in their structures. Through the Gaelic4Teens initiative clubs are provided with a new and fun avenue to retain these players usually subject to an increased level of dropout.
What are the aims of the Gaelic4Teens Programme?
- To increase the retention rates of teenage girls playing Ladies Gaelic football in a club
- To provide a unique programme of Ladies Gaelic Football activities to attract girls aged 15-17 years
- To educate coaches in relation to the needs and interests of teenage girls in sport
- To develop athletic and social skills for girls in a safe and nurturing environment
What are the benefits of running Gaelic4Teens in your Club?
- FREE training will be provided to the Coaches and Co-ordinator in your Club
- Resources will be provided to your Club to market and advertise the Programme
- Coaching structures across the teams of this age group in your club will be improved
- Club will be invited to attend National Gaelic4Teens Day
Minimum requirements from the Club if Application is Successful
- Appoint a co‐ordinator to oversee implementation of the programme in the club
- Send a club representative (ideally G4T coordinator) the Provincial Induction Evening prior to commencement of the programme
- Minimum 4 coaches involved with coaching teenage girls in your club in attendance at induction evening, two regional based training days and the National Gaelic4Teens Festival Day.
Important Dates for 2019:
- Deadline for applications: Friday 7th December 2018 (Download 2019-G4T-Programme-Outline-for-Clubs and 2019-G4T-Application-Form here).
- Successful applicants will be contacted before 18 January 2019
- All G4T coordinators and relevant club executive members must attend Provincial training Monday 4th February
- Location of regional days will be organised dependant on location of participating clubs and will be as central as possible:
|Venue One||Venue Two |
|Day Three National G4T Festival Day (Dublin) – Saturday 11th May 201 |
For further information contact Suzi Doyle firstname.lastname@example.org 087 768 1288