What is Gaelic4Girls (G4G)?
G4G is an 8 week club run programme incorporating coaching sessions with fun non-competitive blitzes aimed at increasing participation in Ladies Gaelic Football. The programme targets girls aged between 8-12 years who are not currently registered with a Ladies Gaelic Football club. In essence, this is a tool to attract new players.
What are the aims of the Gaelic4Girls Programme?
- To increase the numbers of girls playing Ladies Gaelic football in a club.
- To provide a fun, 8 week programme of Ladies Gaelic Football activities to attract girls aged 8-12 to the club.
- To support a club in increasing their number of players, and integrate those new players into existing teams.
- To develop athletic and social skills for girls in a safe and nurturing environment.
What are the benefits of running Gaelic4Girls in your Club?
- Participation levels will be increased.
- Free training will be provided to the Coaches and Co-ordinator in your Club.
- Resources will be provided to your Club to market and advertise the Programme.
- There is the potential for your Club to become a more vibrant, active part of your local community through enhanced participation.
Minimum requirements from the Club if Application is Successful
- A co‐ordinator to oversee implementation of the Programme in the club
- Minimum of 2 Head Coaches
- All the G4G coaches and co‐ordinators must attend Provincial training.
- The club must be willing to welcome ALL new members.
Important Dates for 2020:
- Deadline for applications: Friday 29th November 2019
- Successful applicants will be contacted before 10 January 2020
- All G4G coordinators and relevant club executive members must attend Provincial training Tuesday 4th February 2020
- All G4G club coaches must attend Provincial training in February and March.
- The 8 week programme will begin w/c 9 March 2020 (All clubs must be in a position to start the same week)
- All clubs will have an opportunity to participate in a cluster blitz 23/24 May 2020.
Leinster clubs can apply for the progamme by downloading the following form and returning to gdo.leinster@lgfa by Friday 29 November 2019.